0 of 13 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 13 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A cash flow statement provides information that enables users to evaluate the changes in:
2. The acquisition, and disposal, of long-term assets are:
3. Activities that result in changes in the size (and composition) of the equity capital, and borrowings are:
4. For an investment to qualify as a cash equivalent, it must be:
5. The maximum maturity of a cash equivalent is:
7. The carrying amount of property, plant and equipment was $410 million at 31 March 2011 and $ 680 million at 31 March 2012. During the year, property with a carrying amount of $ 210 million was revalued to $290 million. The depreciation charge for the year was $115 million. There were no disposals. What amount will appear on the statement of cash flows for the year ended 31 March 2012 in respect of purchases of property, plant and equipment?
8. The statement of financial position of Pinto at 31 March 2017 showed property, plant and equipment with a carrying amount of $1,860,000. At 31 March 2018 it had increased to $2,880,000. During the year to 31 March 2018 plant with a carrying amount of $240,000 was sold at a loss of $90,000, depreciation of $280,000 was charged and $100,000 was added to the revaluation surplus in respect of property, plant and equipment. What amount should appear under ‘investing activities’ in the statement of cash flows of Pinto for the year ended 31 March 2018 as cash paid to acquire property, plant and equipment?
10. Daily sales and purchases, employee costs and general overheads comprise:
11. Top Trades Co has been trading for a number of years and is currently going through a period of expansion. An extract from the statement of cash flows for the year ended 31 December 20X7 for Top Trades Co is presented as follows:
Net cash from operating activities 995
Net cash used in investing activities (540)
Net cash used in financing activities (200)
Net increase in cash and cash equivalents 255
Cash and cash equivalents at the beginning of the period 200
Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period 455
Which of the following statements is correct according to the extract of Top Trades Co’s statement of cash flows?
12. A cash flow statement:
13. Operating management in an enterprise is largely concerned with:
14. Which two of the following are not operating activities?
15. The direct method:b& c